“Eat Bulaga!” is the longest running afternoon variety show in the country ever since it premiered in 1979. There is no doubt that major modifications have occurred in the show to adapt to the changing times. In fact, many local celebrities have come and gone as hosts of the popular variety show.
Some of these big names have gone to other networks, some chose a different path in life. But one thing is for sure, they would always be welcomed back into the Dabarkads family. Here is a list of famous local celebrities who once hosted “Eat Bulaga!”
1. Derek Ramsay – This handsome leading man who has churned out multiple successful movies became part of the afternoon show from 2001 to 2004.
2. Aiko Melendez – The veteran actress who recently played the crazy-eyed Emilia of “Wildflower” was a Dabarkads host from 1989 to 1995!
3. Isabelle Daza – One of the country’s recognized “It” girl hosted the show back in 2011 to 2014 before transferring to ABS-CBN. But the mom-to-be is still friends with all her co-hosts from “Eat Bulaga!”
4. Iza Calzado – We all know that Iza was originally a Kapuso talent before transferring to ABS-CBN. The original Amihan of “Encantandia” was part of the family back in 2011 to 2012.
5. Phoemela Baranda – The well-known host appeared in the afternoon variety show from 2001 to 2002.
6. Donna Cruz – Donna was part of the show from 1995 to 1998 and she also was paired with fellow host, Keempee de Leon.
7. Ogie Alcasid – Famous singer/songwriter Ogie Alcasid lent his humor and hosting talent to “Eat Bulaga!” from 1988 to 1989.
8. Mikee Cojuangco-Jaworski – Mikee is no longer active in showbiz but when the former actress was still in the prime of her career, she became part of the show back in 1994.
9. Toni Gonzaga – The Mutimedia star is one of the most recognizable faces that was formerly part of the Dabarkads family. While she sought greener pastures in the other network, we are sure that Toni remains grateful for the memories she created from being in the show.
10. Maricel Soriano – This may surprise you but the Diamond Star of the Philippines appeared in the variety show from 1985 to 1988 along with fellow actress Coney Reyes.
Were you aware that all of these big names were once part of the “Eat Bulaga!” show? Would you want to see a big production that involves every host that has ever stepped in the variety show’s stage? Share your thoughts, reactions, and opinions in the comments section below!